Supporting Research for the O-Shot® Procedure
- 1. Goldstein AT, King M, Runels C,
GlothM, Pfau R, Intradermal injection of autologous platelet-rich plasma for the treatment of vulvar lichen sclerosus. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 2017, 76(1), 158-160 (click to read)The following book has a chapter (written by Dr. Runels) about the O-Shot® with references.
- 2. Runels CE, Melnick H, DeBourbon E., A Pilot Study of the Effect of Localized Injections of Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for the Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction. J Women’s Health Care 2014, 3:4
—>>>Click here to read. The introduction explains the science of the O-Shot®3. Michelle King MSc, Hillary Tolson, Charles Runels MD, Meghan Gloth MD, Richard Pfau MD, Andrew T Goldstein MD (lead investigator). Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Intradermal Injections for the Treatment of Vulvar Lichen Sclerosus
–>> click here & scroll to next to last abstract to read
4. Hom DB, Linzie BM, Huang TC. The healing effects of autologous platelet gel on acute human skin wounds. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2007;9(3):174-183.
5. Sclafani AP, Romo TR III, Ukrainsky G, et al. Modulation of wound response and soft tissue ingrowth in synthetic and allogeneic implants with platelet concentrate. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2005;7(3):163-169.
6. O’Connell SM, Impeduglia T, Hessler K, Wang XJ, Carroll RJ, Dardik H. Autologous platelet-rich fibrin matrix as cell therapy in the healing of chronic lower extremity ulcers. Wound Repair Regen. 2008;16(6):749-756.
7. Cervelli, Valerio MD; Lucarini, Lucilla MD. Use of Platelet-Rich Plasma and Hyaluronic Acid in the Loss of Substance with Bone Exposure. Advances in Skin & Wound Care: April 2011 – Volume 24 – Issue 4 – pp 176-181 [This one shows using the same techniques used in the Vampire Facelift (R) procedure to grow new skin WHERE THERE IS NO SKIN]
8. Redaelli, Alessio. Face and neck revitalization with Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): clinical-outcome in a series of 23 consecutively treated patients. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology – May 1, 2010
9. Azzena B, Mazzoleni F, Abatangelo G, Zavan B, Vindigni V. Autologous platelet-rich [Using Regen prepared platelet-derived growth factors (a single-spin centrifuge) to rejuvenate the face & neck] plasma as an adipocyte in vivo delivery system: case report. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2008;32(1):155-161.
. Cervelli V, Gentile P, Grimaldi M. Regenerative surgery: use of fat grafting combined10
with platelet-rich plasma for chronic lower-extremity ulcers. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2009;33(3):340-345.
11. Cervelli V, Palla L, Pascali M, De Angelis B, Curcio BC, Gentile P. Autologous
platelet-rich plasma mixed with purified fat graft in aesthetic plastic surgery. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2009;33(5):716-721.
12. Cervelli V, Gentile P. Use of cell fat mixed with platelet gel in progressive hemifacial atrophy. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2009;33(1):22-27.
Physician’s click here now to discover how you can offer the O-Shot® procedure to your patients.13. Cervelli V, Gentile P, Scioli MG, et al. Application of platelet-rich plasma in plastic surgery: clinical and in vitro evaluation. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2009; 15:1-9.
14. Sclafani AP. Platelet-rich fibrin matrix for improvement of deep nasolabial folds. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2010;9(1):66-71.
15. Sclafani AP. Applications of platelet-rich fibrin matrix in facial plastic surgery. Facial Plast Surg. 2009;25(4):270-276.
16. Sclafani AP. Safety, efficacy, and utility of platelet-rich fibrin matrix in facial plastic surgery [published online February 21, 2011]. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2011;13(4):247-251.
17. Kakudo N,
MinakataT, Mitsui T, Kushida S, Notodihardjo FZ, Kusumoto K.Proliferation-promoting effect of platelet-rich plasma on human adipose derived stem cells and human dermal fibroblasts. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 122(5):1352-1360.
18. Oh DS, Cheon YW, Jeon YR, Lew DH. Activated platelet-rich plasma improves fat graft survival in nude mice: a pilot study. Dermatol Surg. 2011;37(5):619-625.
19. Danielsen P, Jørgensen B, Karlsmark T, Jorgensen LN, Agren MS. Effect of topical autologous platelet-rich fibrin versus no intervention on epithelialization of donor sites and meshed split-thickness skin autografts: a randomized clinical trial. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;122(5):1431-1440.
20. Anitua E,
Sa´nchezM, Zalduendo MM, et al. Fibroblastic response to treatment with different preparations rich in growth factors. Cell Prolif. 2009;42(2):162-170.
21. Carroll RJ, Arnoczky SP, Graham S, O’Connell SM. Characterization of Autologous Growth Factors in Cascade Platelet-Rich Fibrin Matrix (PRFM). Edison,
NJ:MusculoskeletalTransplant Foundation; 2005. Publication No. 128-XM 307C5.
22. Anthony P. Sclafani, MD; Steven A. McCormick, MD. Induction of Dermal Collagenesis, Angiogenesis, and Adipogenesis in Human Skin by Injection of Platelet-Rich Fibrin Matrix. Arch Facial Plast Surg.Published online October 17, 2011. [Biopsy-proven new blood vessel growth and new collagen using platelet-derived growth factors (using a single-spin centrifuge)]
23. Gafni-Kane, Adam MD; Sand, Peter K. MD. Foreign-Body Granuloma After Injection of Calcium Hydroxylapatite for Type III Stress Urinary Incontinence. Obstetrics & Gynecology: August 2011 – Volume 118 – Issue 2, Part 2 – pp 418-421doi:10.1097/AOG.0b013e3182161953 [showed a significant incidence of granuloma formation after injecting Radiesse like materials to treat urinary incontinence.
Conclusionis that benefit is worth the risk].
24. Alijotas-Reig, Jaume MD,
PhD. Foreign-Body Granuloma After Injection of Calcium Hydroxylapatite for Treating Urinary Incontinence. Obstetrics & Gynecology: November 2011-Volume 118- Issue 5-p 1181-1182 doi: 10.1097/AOG.0b-12e318235962d [Letter to editor challenging the idea that the benefit is worth the risk when using Radiesse like materials to treat stress incontinence–the point is that even with a risk of complications that require surgery, some gynecologist consider injecting around the urethra with Radiesse or Juvederm like material (i.e. the G-Shot™) to be an accepted practice. Yet with the PRP used in the O-Shot™ there seems to be ZERO riskof granuloma with even more benefit.
25. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Practice_Bulletin_No__119__Female_Sexual.38
[Therapy available, hormones and psychotherapy–that’s it]
This procedure is so new, that it may be some time before we have someone trained in your